When, in this policy, we refer to “we” we mean Merrion Data Consultants Limited whose registered address is at 93 Arney Road, Bellanaleck, Enniskillen, N.Ireland, BT92 2DN and which is registered under company number NI653376. We are responsible for ensuring that the personal data we collect is processed in accordance with relevant data protection laws.
We may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. If we propose a significant change we will post an alert that our policy has changed on our website.
What information we collect about you
What we do with the information we gather
What legal basis do we rely on to process your information?
Who we share your information with
Where in the world will we hold your information?
How long we will keep your personal information for
WHAT INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
We will collect the following data about you (“your information”):
- information that you submit online via our site;
- any correspondence you send to us; and
- details of your visits to our site and the resources that you access (which may include, amongst other things; traffic data and communication data).
We are aware that your information may be confidential and we will protect the confidentiality of your information in accordance with our normal procedures and legal requirements.
WHAT WE DO WITH THE INFORMATION WE GATHER
We require this information to understand your needs and ultimately to provide you with a better service. In particular, we will use the information we hold about you as follows:-
- to ensure that our site’s content is presented as effectively as possible for you;
- for our internal purposes, such as quality control, site performance, system administration and to evaluate use of our site, so that we can provide you with enhanced services;
- to notify you about changes to our services;
- to provide you with information, products or services that you request from us, or which we feel may interest you (provided of course that you agree);
- to create reports to assist with future marketing;
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts with you and for billing and delivery purposes; and
- to enable you to participate in interactive features of our site, when you choose to do so.
We may monitor your use of our site and record your email address and/or IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration. This is statistical information about our users’ browsing actions and patterns and does not identify any individual.
- We may use your information to provide you with marketing information that you request or that we feel may interest you by post and/or telephone.
- If you are an existing customer, we may contact you by email and/or SMS with information about products and services which are similar to those we previously provided to you, unless you have indicated that you do not want to hear from us.
- If you are a new customer, we may contact you by email and/or SMS only if you consent.
- You can indicate your preferences when you interact with us and you can change your mind at any time by clicking to unsubscribe in any email we sent you or by contacting us at [email protected].
WHAT LEGAL BASIS DO WE RELY ON TO PROCESS YOUR INFORMATION?
The law permits us to handle your personal information where necessary in our legitimate interests provided that this isn’t outweighed by your interests. Many of the purposes we handle your personal information, described above, fall into this category as they are essential activities which enable us to run our business efficiently and effectively for example, enabling us to use third party service providers, to monitor, review and improve the services we provide to you and your experience when you visit our website and to help us ensure that we communicate with you about products and services, that you are most likely to be interested in, and in the way that you are most likely to want to communicate with us. We may, if necessary, also use your information to defend our legal rights or to obtain legal advice and to manage any complaint that you might have. We ensure that your rights and interests are protected when we do this.
We are permitted to use your personal data when you give us your consent for us to do so. We will only use your personal data to contact you for direct marketing purposes if you give us your consent to do so.
Performance of a contract
Where you engage with us for consultancy services, we will use your personal information so that we can fulfil our part of the agreement e.g. to deliver the services to you, to take payment and to manage our relationship with you.
Required by law
We will, if required by law, disclose your personal information for example in response to a court order. We will disclose your personal information if requested by a law enforcement agency or where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, non-compliance with of our Terms and conditions, or as otherwise permitted or required by law and consistent with legal requirements.
WHO WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION WITH
As part of offering these services we will share your personal information with third party service providers who provide services to us to help us run our business effectively for example, couriers who help us deliver the products you order, IT service providers who help us manage our IT infrastructure, debt collection agencies and social media companies who help us interact with you better.
Police and law enforcement agencies
Where required by law, we will share your personal information with the police and other law enforcement agencies.
We will always limit the personal information we share to that which is necessary to enable them to perform their services. We will also always ensure that before we share your personal information, we have entered into a contract with the service provider which requires them to keep your information secure and only use it for the purposes we permit them to. We will never sell or share your personal information with third parties for the purposes of marketing without seeking prior consent. This would be separate to the consent provided as part of registration to this site.
WHERE IN THE WORLD WILL WE HOLD YOUR INFORMATION?
Your data may occasionally be processed and held by third parties outside the European Economic Area (EEA).
Whereas in the EU, we implement a high standard of data protection law, some parts of the world do not implement such stringent laws. As a result, if we do send personal information overseas we will make sure that appropriate safeguards are in place to ensure it is protected in accordance with European data protection law. These might include: –
- Sending personal information only to countries that European Authorities have indicated have adequate data protection laws in place e.g. Canada or Switzerland;
- Putting in place contracts with the recipient containing terms which the European Authorities have approved as providing adequate protection; organisations which are members of a scheme which has been approved by European Authorities as achieving adequate protection e.g. Privacy Shield.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
All your information is stored on our secure servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. If you have a username, password or other login details which enable you to access certain parts of our site, you must not allow any other person to use them and must treat them as confidential. If you believe or suspect that someone else knows your login details you must contact us at [email protected] as soon as possible. Please also see our Terms and Conditions of Use [insert link].
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
HOW LONG WE WILL KEEP YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION FOR?
We will keep your personal information for as long as we need it to provide the services and products you request from us. We may also keep it to comply with our legal obligations, to resolve complaints and to enforce our rights. As a result, the length of time that we keep your information for will vary depending on the purposes for which we have it. In any event, we will review what information we need on an ongoing basis and will only retain it for the minimum amount of time that we need it for.
You have the right to request that we don’t send marketing material to you and you can do this at any time by ticking the unsubscribe option in any communication we send you, by contacting us on [email protected] or by calling us on 02890 329844.
You can also correct or amend your personal information by contacting us at the email address above.
New data protection laws also mean that you have a number of additional rights including the right to have your personal information erased, the right to have your personal information transferred either to you or a third party in a commonly structured format and to have your personal information restricted. Please be aware that these latter rights only apply in limited circumstances and therefore even if you do wish to exercise them, we may not always be required to comply.
For further information about how these rights apply, or to exercise your rights, please contact us on 02890 329844.
If you have any questions about how we handle your personal information or are unhappy about how we have done so, you can contact us on [email protected].
You also have the right to raise any complaint you may have with the ICO. You can do this by contacting them: –
- By post: The Information Commissioner’s Office,
14 Cormac Place
- By phone: 0289027875 or
- By email: [email protected]